Vintage rings are timeless pieces that often has much more character than modern rings. Vintage pieces have the potential to become heirlooms passed down for generations. Although there is a ring heirloom in your family, buy a ring is an option, because the election of a new ring made of a vintage style.
Shopping For An Engagement Ring Vintage
The best places to look for vintage engagement rings are antique dealers specializing in vintage jewelry. Check with antique shops in your area and online resources.
Examples of jewelers that carry regular selection of vintage rings are available online are:
- Antique Jewelry Mall-You can find almost any ring vintage style setting Antique Jewelry Mall.Most are complete rings, but sometimes you can find the settings for the sales that you might have a new stone or something you already have installed. Details such as weigh-carat, clarity, cut and more are on each piece. Ring sizing is available.
- Affordable Vintage Jewelry-This site offers a range of vintage engagement rings with small stones on the bottom of the price range, with most of the options at a price of $ 1,000 or less.Layaway is provided.
- Brilliant Earth-This company carries an impressive vintage jewelry of earrings that date back to 1920. You can see all the details on the design and quality of each piece of stone through the website.
- Fay Cullen-Well-known and highly reliable, Fay Cullen offers an incredible variety of vintage rings at reasonable prices.The site provides exceptional detail of each ring there, including several pictures showing different angles and information about the cut, carat weight, clarity, color and more.
- Lee Jay Nacht-This company specializes in antique engagement rings, before bringing styles created from 1910 to 1949. The company also creates replica rings based on vintage styles.
Prices for vintage rings vary greatly, with some styles that have small stones selling for less than $ 1000, while others may go up in the six-figure range. You should be aware that the price of vintage rings often exceed the cost of similar carat weight new rings. This is because the value lies not only with diamonds, precious stones and metals in the ring, but also with its antique value. It is also important to be aware that it may take some time to find a vintage piece of quality that you love.
Vintage Rings Design
Although rings vintage engagement ring settings are as varied as the mother, there are several common styles.
- Victorian-Jewelry designs during the Victorian era vary greatly. Most Victorian engagement rings made of yellow gold or rose gold. Since mining diamonds were extremely scarce during this time period, Victorian engagement rings often had other gems, surrounded by small diamonds.
- Edwardian-If you’re looking for an Edwardian engagement ring, the metal must be platinum (although white gold is a good replacement and much cheaper). The settings were often intricate and very detailed. The diamonds are generally placed in settings Edwardian rose cut diamonds.
- Art Deco-During this time, call settings has become easier than it was during the previous watermark fantasy and intricate lace patterns. Asscher, emerald and diamonds Marquis was important for Art Deco engagement rings.