According to top-mba-universities, Mc Cordsville, Indiana is a small town located in the east central portion of the state. The city is located on the border of Marion and Hancock counties and has a population of over 6,000 people. Geographically, Mc Cordsville is situated on rolling hills with some flat terrain in between. The city has a humid continental climate with hot summers and cold winters.
Mc Cordsville was founded in 1835 by Thomas McCord and has since been an important part of the region’s history. The town has served as a major transportation hub for much of its history due to its location near several major highways. In the modern day, Mc Cordsville is known for its small-town charm and family-friendly atmosphere.
Politics in Mc Cordsville are mostly dominated by Republicans with some Democrats also holding local office. The city enjoys low taxes and limited government involvement, making it an attractive place for businesses to set up shop.
The economy of Mc Cordsville is largely based on agriculture and manufacturing, with many local businesses providing jobs to residents. Additionally, there are many retail stores in town that are popular amongst locals and visitors alike.
Schools in Mc Cordsville are run by the Mt Vernon Community School Corporation which consists of four elementary schools, one middle school, one high school and one alternative learning center. All schools have high graduation rates and provide students with quality education opportunities throughout their academic career.
Landmarks in Mc Cordsville include several historical buildings such as the old post office building which dates back to 1881 as well as several churches dating back to the 19th century such as St John’s Episcopal Church which was built in 1851. Additionally, there are several parks located throughout town that offer plenty of recreational activities for residents and visitors alike such as fishing, hiking trails or just relaxing outdoors on a nice day.
Population: 1,134. Estimated population in July 2020: 1,266 (+11.6% change)
Males: 560 (49.4%), Females: 574 (50.6%)
Zip code: 46055
Median resident age: 36.3 years
Median household income: $68,750
Median house value: $150,800
Races in McCordsville:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.6%)
- Two or more races (1.6%)
- American Indian (1.3%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Black (0.6%)
- Other race (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (21.8%), Irish (19.6%), United States (18.2%), English (15.9%), Scotch-Irish (3.2%), French (3.1%).
Land area: 3.2 square miles
Mc Cordsville, Indiana is a small town located in the northeast corner of Hancock County. The population of Mc Cordsville is approximately 6,500 people as of 2019. The town has a diverse population with the majority being white and African American residents making up about 25% of the population. Hispanic or Latino residents make up about 5% of the population. There are also smaller populations of Asian and Native American residents in the town.
Mc Cordsville is a suburban community that offers a variety of amenities to its residents. Public transportation, shopping centers, parks, and recreational activities are all available to those living there. The town is served by two major highways which provide easy access to Indianapolis and other nearby cities. In addition to providing easy access to larger cities, Mc Cordsville also offers its own unique attractions such as an annual pumpkin festival and fireworks show on July 4th each year. The town also hosts several events throughout the year such as concerts at their local amphitheater and outdoor movie nights for families to enjoy together.
For population 25 years and over in McCordsville
- High school or higher: 87.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 35.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.7%
- Unemployed: 2.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in McCordsville town
- Never married: 15.9%
- Now married: 68.0%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 7.0%
- Divorced: 9.2%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +496 (+77.7%).
Hospitals/medical centers near McCordsville:
- FAIRBANKS HOSPITAL INC (about 7 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN)
- HANCOCK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL & HEALTH (about 12 miles; GREENFIELD, IN)
- RIVERVIEW HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; NOBLESVILLE, IN)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to McCordsville:
- MOUNT COMFORT (about 6 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Abbreviation: MQJ)
- ANDERSON MUNICIPAL-DARLINGTON FIELD (about 27 miles; ANDERSON, IN; Abbreviation: AID)
- INDIANAPOLIS INTL (about 28 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Abbreviation: IND)
Other public-use airports nearest to McCordsville:
- NOBLESVILLE (about 8 miles; NOBLESVILLE, IN; Abbreviation: I80)
- INDIANAPOLIS METROPOLITAN (about 9 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Abbreviation: UMP)
- POST-AIR (about 12 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Abbreviation: 7L8)
Amtrak station near McCordsville:
- 19 miles: INDIANAPOLIS (350 S. ILLINOIS ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, intercity bus service.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to McCordsville:
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY (about 19 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Full-time enrollment: 3,721)
- INDIANA UNIVERSITY-PURDUE UNIVERSITY-INDIANAPOLIS (about 19 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Full-time enrollment: 19,818)
- IVY TECH STATE COLLEGE-CENTRAL INDIANA (about 19 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Full-time enrollment: 3,397)
- UNIVERSITY OF INDIANAPOLIS (about 21 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Full-time enrollment: 2,784)
- ANDERSON UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; ANDERSON, IN; Full-time enrollment: 2,116)
- BALL STATE UNIVERSITY (about 42 miles; MUNCIE, IN; Full-time enrollment: 17,039)
- IVY TECH STATE COLLEGE-EAST CENTRAL (about 42 miles; MUNCIE, IN; Full-time enrollment: 2,013)